Book/DVD Guzzler Recommends:

These are reviews of Movies, Books and sometimes Music Albums. They might seem ridiculously positive, but these are works that I think everyone should read/see/listen to.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Title: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Author: C.S. Lewis
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Pages: 122

I was quite disappointed with this story. I was very pleased to see a story about a sea quest, but it wasn't as good as I hoped it to be. The idea was very exciting, but the way C.S. Lewis worked out the idea was a bit, well, disappointing.

Lucy and Edmund were staying at their Aunt and Uncle's house and had to put up with their annoying cousin Eustace. One day they are playing in Lucy's room and they look at a picture of a boat that was hanging on the wall and suddenly their aren't in the room anymore.

They are on a beach. Eustace is bitching and moaning about how they worked their magic and all. Then they meet Prince Caspian, who is now a king. He tells them he is going to go on a quest to find the lands to the East. They go with him and I know it sounds really exciting, but it never really takes off from there.

They do find interesting lands and they do meet crooks and evil creatures, like Dragons and a Sea Serpent, but it is all very mild, even for a children's book. In the end it does get a bit more adventurous.

I have to say that this is my least favourite book of the chronicles. I give the book a 5.7/10. I'm sure it is filled with biblical references and those who get them probably will like it more than I did, but I do not know that much of the bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Flux Directory