Book/DVD Guzzler Recommends:

These are reviews of Movies, Books and sometimes Music Albums. They might seem ridiculously positive, but these are works that I think everyone should read/see/listen to.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Title: Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Author: C.S. Lewis
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Pages: 106

That friday, after finishing Capote, I also finished Prince Caspian. I really liked this book. I liked it better than The Horse and His Boy, but The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe still is my fave so far.

This book is also about the Pevensie kids. They are at a trainstation, ready to go back to London and leave the old Professor's home. It's been a year since they last went to Narnia. Suddenly something odd happens and they find themselves on a warm, tropical Beach instead of the cold British trainstation. They realize they are back in Narnia when they find the remains of their old castle.

Then they meet a funny little character, a dwarf, named Trumpkin. He tells them the story of Prince Caspian, whose evil uncle, a Telmarine, killed his father and took the throne of Narnia. It turns out hundreds of years have passed, since they left Narnia and a lot of things have changed. Prince Caspian rounded up the 'old Narnians', creatures, who no one seems to believe in anymore and he is now at war with his uncle. He needs the help of the Pevensie children to defeat him and to bring back 'Old Narnia' and drive away the angry Telmarines.

I thought it was an intersting story and I liked the fact that C.S. Lewis held on to the fact that time moves a lot different in Narnia than it does in real life. I also liked that the Pevensie kids were in it. I like their characters a lot. Their constant bickering and Lucy being right most of the time, but the elder kids never believe her at first. Aslan, again, plays a big part in the story and he is my fave character of all. He is strong, yet he has his moments where he, too, breaks down just a bit. but enough to show that he is a threedimensional character too.

The battle in this book was exciting and yet had it's humorous moments where things just went wrong and then still they went alright, even though no one intended them to go right. Wow, is that a sentence? I hope I made myself clear there.

The books are quite serious at times and this one seemed to have more funny moments in it than the other ones. It was a lighter book, even though the situations were just as serious as the previous ones. I give it a 8/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Flux Directory