Book/DVD Guzzler Recommends:

These are reviews of Movies, Books and sometimes Music Albums. They might seem ridiculously positive, but these are works that I think everyone should read/see/listen to.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Title: Domino (2005)
Director: Tony Scott
Actors: Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke, Edgar Ramirez, Lucy Liu, Christopher Walken a.o.
Runtime: 127 Min.

'The most boring movie ever!' or 'Too fast-paced!' are a couple of the many (often contradicting) complaints I have read about Domino. I must have watched another movie, because I loved it. In fact, I thought it was brilliant. I loved the entire experimental fee of the movie. The camera angles, the flashbacks, the pace, the colour; everything was so ballsy. I think that is why a lot of people did not like it: it is too ballsy for them.

I realize that this is not for everyone. I can understand that people thought they were getting seasick, but to call it a bad movie because of that, is not very smart. Watch the movie for the story and the acting.

The story is quite interesting and complicated. You have to watch it a couple of time before you get it completely, since a lot happens. It is about a girl who seems to have everything, but something is missing: the action. She's a bored model who has a fascination for weapons. One day she goes to a Bounty Hunter seminar and convinces two Bounty Hunters to take her on. They do so reluctantly, thinking they can use her good looks as bait, but soon they realise she more than that...

Keira convinced me that she was a great actress when I watched Bend It Like Beckham for the first time. She already caught my attention and I looked up other movies of hers. Pirates of the Caribbean, King Arthur and Bend It Like Beckham now belong to my favourite movie list. This movie has blasted past all 3 of them. It is now by far my favourite Keira movie and it made me realize I want to marry the girl!

She was so ballsy in this movie. She nailed the character and she was totally believable as a bounty hunter. Her attitude, the way she dressed, her funky cool haircut (I wish my hair looked like that) her nosebleed, her flirting with Lucy Liu; it was all spot on.

I do not know much about Domino Harvey, but I will read more on her. Her story is very interesting and this movie made me curious. I want to know what is real and what they made up or dramatized. Most of all I want to know how one becomes a Bounty Hunter. They did not really show it in the movie.

I hardly give anything higher than a 8.5, but this movie definitely gets a 9.5/10. Watch it if you love Keira and love twisted, experimental movies. I love both, so this was the best treat ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Flux Directory