Book/DVD Guzzler Recommends:

These are reviews of Movies, Books and sometimes Music Albums. They might seem ridiculously positive, but these are works that I think everyone should read/see/listen to.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Title: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew
Author: C.S. Lewis
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Pages: 106

The Magician's Nephew is the first book in the edition that I have got. It is a collection of all seven novels in one. They have been put in the order in which C.S. Lewis wants people to read them and that is not the order in which they were published 'back in the day'.

The Magician's Nephew is about a little boy named Digory. He lives with his uncle and aunt, because his mother is really sick. He meets a girl named Polly, who lives next door from him. His uncle is into magic and obtained rings that can send things to another realm. He had only tried them on guinea pigs and they never returned. Then he tricks Polly into taking a yellow one which sends her away... What happens then, well you should read it for yourself.

The language use is very easy, but that's because these books are considered children's books. The book is not thick either: just over 100 pages, so the thickness of the book cannot be used as an excuse not to read it.

I heard the book was supposed to be full of Christian references, but I have not seen them. Maybe I did not see them, because I was not really looking for them, although I could see how some things can be explained as bible references.

I love that this book answered a few questions I had after watching the movie. This book explains how Narnia was founded and how the wardrobe became a gateway between our world and that of Narnia. So, if you, too, asked questions of how Narnia came to be, this is the book to read. I give it a 7.8/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine Blog Flux Directory